Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Offensive Cartoons in the Arab World


As documented by Palestinian Media Watch, the Arab Press exercises almost no self-censorship in the publications of cartoons which involve gross stereotypes of Jews.
Not a week goes by in the Arab world without a "political" cartoon portraying Jews as either blood-suckers, Nazis, or the indiscriminate killers of Palestinian children.















And for those cretinous nitwits who minimize or deny the atrocity of the Jewish Holocaust ; I say this:

"Lack of education is an extraordinary handicap when one is being offensive”

2 Comments:

Blogger MDConservative said...

It is beyond a joke for the Arab community to be upset over the cartoons.

But therein lies the problem. The world is filled with people that have issues with one thing or another. I know people say I am smug when I say this, OUR society is better than theirs. YES IT IS. I am pissed and I can find many others that find X offensive, look I am not out burning the place down.

That is why we are better, look down on me, I don't care.

We have our riots, sure. But not on a daily basis. I promise you I have enough friends that would have loved to walked the street, knock things over and set fire to the Wash Post after the Toles cartoon. Hmmm, we didn't. Why, we tend to fight our battles with words first. In the Arab world it begins with death and destruction, then maybe words.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Erin said...

Great sharee

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home